Separett Tiny® with urine tube
Separett Tiny® with urine tube
Waterless compost toilet for the smaller spaces!
Tiny® is the latest addition to the Separett family of compost toilets. The smaller design and lessons learned from several decades have led to a modern urine separation toilet that is especially suitable for installations where space is limited. The toilet can be operated with 110-230V or with 12V solar cell / battery power. The fan has very low energy consumption (0.04 kWh / 24 h) and is therefore suitable for battery or solar cell operation. The battery and batterycables are not included.
Unlike a traditional composting toilet there is no cranking or additives needed. The ADA compliant 17.5-inch seat height makes Tiny® as comfortable as a household toilet. Separett Tiny® is the best toilet solution for vans, tiny houses, RVs, boats, and off-grid properties.
Expandable capacity for urine
Thanks to urine separation the smell is significantly reduced. What comes out is exhaust air from the ⌀1,5" ventilation pipe and urine drom the ⌀1.26" pipe. When used by 2 people, the solids container needs emptying once a week and the handling of urine depends on the selected method of collection or disposal. The container for solids comes with a lid which can be used to seal the container. For those traveling for days in between waste disposal sites it's recommended to use multiple containers which can be sealed and stored before emptying. Extra containers are available as accessories.
Hygienic and odorless
Separett Tiny® has high operational reliability and is easy to install. The fan ventilates the possibly remaining odor that is left after urine separation. The constantly running fan also contributes to a better indoor climate by keeping the air in the space in motion. The fan is efficient and quiet.
The view screens covers the solid waste container and the flaps open automatically when you sit down to use the toilet. This means that you never see the toilet waste except when it is time to empty.
5 year warranty
Waterless compost Separett Tiny® is covered by a five-year warranty.
Contents of delivery
Contents of delivery
- Separett Tiny® waterless separating compost toilet, 12V / 110-240 V
- User and installation manual
- Universal adapter for power socket
- 1 x solid waste container
- 1 x lid for waste container
- 6.6 ft white urine hose Ø1.26” to lead out the urine
- 90° bend for the Ø1.26” urine hose
- Straight connector for the Ø1.26” urine hose
- Indoor flashing for the Ø1.26” urine hose
- 2 x wall mount to attach the urine hose
- Urine bowl grid / holder for Separett Bioblock
- Straight connector pipe to convert EU Ø50mm to Ø1,5” schedule 40
- 90° bend for the Ø1.5” (schedule 40) ventilation pipe
- 1.47” long Ø1.5” (schedule 40) pipe for simple ventilation installation through the wall
- Insect net and rain cap for Ø1.5” (schedule 40) ventilation pipe
- Indoor flashing for the Ø1.5” (schedule 40) ventilation pipe
- Silicone strip to seal the bottom of the toilet
- Screws for mounting the toilet to the wall or to the floor
- A sample of Bioblock – used to prevent blockage in the internal urine hose
- A sample of Absorb – used to prevent excess moisture in the solids container
- A sample of Compostable waste bags – used in the solid waste container to collect waste
- Installation template – has markings for drilling holes and attaching the toilet
Separett Tiny has no requirements for room temperature and works in both cold and warm spaces. The only requirements are that you must be able to lead the urine away and fit a ventilation pipe.
The toilet is made to be placed on the floor against the wall, and for extra stability it should be attached either to the floor, the wall or both.
Drill holes according to installation template
The installation instructions show possible installation options for urine drain and ventilation pipe through the wall, the ceiling or the floor. The installation template shows the places for holes in most common installations. These options enable an installation without visible pipes.
Install ventilation pipe
The toilet is designed for 50 mm pipes (outer diameter). For optimal function it is recommended that you use Separett’s installation kit that has pipes and connectors in the correct dimensions. Separett Tiny can be installed with up to 5 meters of ventilation piping and two 90-degree bends. Ventilated air can go through a wall, floor or ceiling, for example, up into an attic and out through a suitable side of the house. If there is already a ventilation pipe present from a previous toilet installation, the toilet may be connected to that duct, provided that it is not smaller than 50 mm and that it meets the piping requirements. Should you need longer piping that exceeds the recommendations above, you may install an extra fan (article number 13008).
The toilet comes with a coupling for connecting the toilet to 1.5 inch piping (schedule 40).
Install urine hose
The toilet is delivered with a 2-meter (6.6 ft) urine hose. To connect this to the toilet, use the included straight joint or the 90-degree joint. Like the installation of the ventilation pipes, it is possible to connect the urine tube so that no pipe is visible where the toilet is installed. This is achieved by angling the 90-degree connection downwards or using the straight connection leading the pipe out through the wall behind the toilet.
Recommendations for installation of urine hose
As with the ventilation duct, Tiny provides the option of installing the urine hose without any visible pipes/tubes in the bathroom. Below are a few tips that should be followed to maintain a well-functioning urine outlet over time and all year round.
If you are going to go through an insulated wall or a wall with an air gap between the inner and outer wall, you must use a pipe for the penetration, or lead the hose through a pipe. Pipes are used to reduce the risk of pests causing damage to the tube.
- If you are going to run the urine a longer distance than the 2 meters (6.6 ft) of the supplied hose, you should switch to a pipe after the 2 meters (6.6ft). Since urine contains minerals that can accumulate in pipes/ hoses, we recommend that the subsequent pipe have a diameter of at least 40 mm (1.6") to avoid blockages.
- Make sure that you always have a downward inclination of at around 2 degrees (2 cm per meter or 0.8 inch per 40 inch) throughout the piping, also make sure that there are no air pockets created by bends in the hose.
- If the toilet is to be used in winter, outdoor pipes must have a diameter of at least 40 mm (1.6”).
- If the toilet is to be used in winter, we recommend that you insulate outdoor pipes with pipe insulation. This insulation can be bought in most DIY stores.
- An important rule for longer installations (over 2 meters (6.6ft)) is that the sooner you switch to pipes with a larger diameter, the lower the risk of blockages in the pipes.
- Do not place pipe joints near electrical appliances or wall sockets. This is to prevent liquid from coming into contact with electricity in the event of a leak
|Unlimited - need for emptying depends on the amount of users
|Max user weight
|L 19.6" W 15.7" H 18.5"
|L 20.7" W 15.7" H 19.7"
|Polypropylene (PP), high gloss, recyclable
|Emptying interval with 4 users (liquids)
|Depends on the selected method of handling
|Inner container volume (solids)
|Emptying interval with 4 users (solids)
|2 times a week
|0.04 kWh / 24 h
|110-230 V universal adapter
|12 V / 1.6 W / 133 mA
|Ventilation pipe ⌀1.5" schedule 40
|Urine pipe ⌀1.26"
|Noise level in use
|Under 30 dB(A)
Separett Tiny installation video